We always love to see what our customers are up to with our hot dogs. We were recently blown away by this Wellington concept that we found on instagram. So, first and foremost—we'd love to say thanks to one of our customers, who is actually the one fully responsible for this awesome recipe. Check out her instagram @edimuscomplex!
What You Need:
- 1 pack of Brooklyn Hot Dog Co. Beef & Pork Dogs
- 1 package of puff pastry (needs 2 sheets)
- 9 thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto, cut in half
- 1 egg
For the duxelles:
- 1lb crimini mushrooms
- 1 large shallot
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3.5oz of pâté
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A food processor
What You Do:
- Using a food processor, pulse mushrooms, garlic, dried thyme, and red wine vinegar until smooth.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the duxelles mixture and cook until most of the mixture has evaporated (about 20 minutes). Once liquid has been cooked out, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven per the puff pastry's instructions and roll out the dough. Cut each sheet of dough in half lengthwise and cut 5 strips from each half (note: there will be two extra strips of dough).
- Once the duxelles has cooled, mix in 3.5oz of pâté and coat the hot dog in the mixture. Wrap with prosciutto and roll the puff pastry along the dog, tucking in both ends. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake until golden (approximately 22 minutes)
- Photograph it, eat it, post it, tag us and use #bkhotdogco